Pressure Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
This Ham and Bean Soup recipe is perfect on cold days for your to enjoy and making it in your pressure cooker or Instapot is super easy. I like to make this when there is left over ham shank from a holiday dinner. This recipe is one of those great 5 or Less Ingredient recipes……and SO very easy to prepare.Ingredients
- 6 Cups Navy Beans
- 1 Medium White Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped or left whole
- Ham Hocks or Ham Shanks
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Pressure Cooker Ham and Bean Soup Recipe Instructions
- Place dry beans in large container and cover with plenty of water. Let sit overnight.
- Chop onions and peel garlic. Garlic can be chopped or left whole.
- Place beans, onion, garlic, and ham hock or shank into pressure cooker. (Please note….there is not alot of meat on ham hock but they provide a ton of flavor.)
- Add just enough water to cover the beans. Make sure the pressure cooker is no more than 2/3 full.
- Salt and pepper, as desired.
- Manually set pressure cooker to high for 25 minutes. Start. When finished cooking, let pressure release naturally.
- Once pressure is released, open pressure cooker and take out ham hocks/shanks and remove meat from bone. Place all meat back into cooked beans and stir.