Are you ready for Winter?….use this Fall Cleanup Checklist to get your yard ready!!
A good Fall Cleaning Checklist for Fall and Winter Yard clean-up starts with the leaves in yard…. We can all use a few tips on yard maintenance and what really should be done to get ready for the Fall Cleanup.
Here is a great Fall Cleaning Checklist for you to use for years to come!Fall Cleaning Checklist- CouponsForYourFamily
Deck and Porch
- Clear out potted plants, empty dirt if necessary and store for the winter
- Clean and store patio furniture and pillows
- Clean the grill and cover or store for the winter
- Wash and roll up any outdoor rugs. Store until spring
- Sweep and/or powerwash the deck and porch
- Clean sliding glass door track & wash windows
Front and Back Yard Cleanup
- Clean and close the swimming pool
- Rake the leaves in the yard, treat lawn for winter
- Clean and store portable Fire Pit
- Prepare Perennials for winter (cutting, covering etc)
- Plant any new Spring bulbsTrim trees and bushes
- Drain and store your garden hoses
- Cut grass short for last cut to grab leaves and prevent rot
House – Exterior Cleanup
- Clean your gutters/downspouts from leaves and debris (may need to do couple times before winter)
- Wash screens, windows & doors
- Clean dryer vent from the outside and any other vents
- Replace outdoor lightbulbs
- Powerwash the house & inspect siding for damage
- Hang Christmas lights if you don't want to in the cold!!
- Throw out old tools, kids toys and equipment
- Prepare Snow Blower and make sure to have shovels
- Put away gardening tools until next spring
- Check Generator box to make sure working in case lose power
- Sweep the garage floor
House – Interior Cleanup
- Service furnace and clean chimney
- Change furnace filters
- Program your thermostat when you want heat to go on
- Check the batteries in smoke detectors
- Check weather stripping and replace if needed
- Clean vehicle thoruoghly
- Check all registrations, inspections, tire levels, oil & brake fluids, windshield washers
- Make sure snow brush is in the car
- Add winter survival kit- blankets, granola bar, water, gloves, hats etc
More Free Printables:
Monthly Budget Worksheet Printable
Join our Facebook Groups to see more recipe & deals like these:
Simple Living, Recipes, Crafts, DIY and more!
Couponing to Cut Your Grocery Bill
Couponing at CVS, Walgreens and RiteAid
Couponing at Walmart, Target and Kmart
Printable CouponsForFree FB Group
Saturday 25th of September 2021
These are great ideas for the things you need to take care of this fall! Super helpful so we don't forget anything!
Thursday 28th of November 2013
Those are good points on how to take care of your property.
Tuesday 29th of October 2013
This is a great list! I just moved to MN from FL and this is going to come in handy! Thank you!