Kiss The Frog Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Check out this adorable Kiss the Frog Chocolate Cupcake Recipe! It looks like it would be difficult to do but it really isn’t too difficult 🙂 Your kids will love these!!
Chocolate Cupcake ~~
2 cups Sugar
1 3/4 cups Flour
3/4 cups Cocoa
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Eggs, room temperature
1 cup Whole Milk, room temperature
1/2 cup Canola Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Boiling Water
Green Vanilla Frosting Ingredients ~~
1 cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
3 cups + 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
3-5 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
Leaf Green Gel Color
Vanilla Royal Icing Ingredients ~~
1/4 tsp Cream of Tarter
3 cups Powdered Sugar plus 1/2 cup on stand by
1 tsp Vanilla
Blue and Purple Gel Icing
24 White Chocolate Wafers (For eyes)
3 #2 Tips(For Eyes)
3 bags of Disposable Piping Bags (For eyes)
12 Red M&M (For mouth)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients beating on medium until the batter is smooth.
- Gradually add the boiling water, milk and oil and blend together until the batter is smooth.
- Using a medium scoop fill the paper lined cupcake tins with the prepared batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to slightly cool before transferring to wire racks.
Green Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Beat powder sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and color and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large round tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Starting around the edge pipe a circle and pipe it in to the center creating a peak. Set aside.
Vanilla Royal Icing for Eyes
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the extra half cup of powder sugar if the royal icing looks like soup. Once stiff peaks form, split into 3 bowls.
- Add the colors into the bowls, mix until you have your desired color, leaving one bowl white.
- Scoop colors into piping bags with the #2 tips on them.
For the Eyes
- Using the white wafers, and one of the blue or purple piping bags, pipe a circle into the middle of the wafer.
- Using the white piping bag, pipe in two white dots. Set aside to dry for 20 minutes.
Directions to Set Up
- Take the “eyes” you created and place them in the edge of the cupcake for “Eyes”
- Place a red M&M in the center for the mouth.