Tops Markets no longer has their formal coupon policy located on their website. I sent an email requesting the newest updated policy and here is what I received:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Our customers’ comments and feedback are very important to us, and we do appreciate the opportunity to respond.
Here is a copy of our coupon policy.
Customers can present both manufacturer and Tops Store coupons for
merchandise purchased. The cashier can redeem these coupons under the
· The customer must present a Tops BonusCard (if a BonusCard is not presented, certain redemption limitations will apply)
· The customer must purchase the item(s) to which the coupon applies
· The coupons must not be expired
· Manufacturer’s coupons must contain Retailer instructions
· The value of the coupon can not exceed the price of the item
A Tops store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon may be redeemed on the same item. If the combined value of the two (2) coupons exceeds the price of the item, the item is free. The manufacturer’s coupon must be deducted from the order first and the Tops store coupon amount will be adjusted so that the coupon value does not exceed the price of the item.
· In order for a manufacturer’s coupon to be doubled or to receive targeted special
offers, the customer’s BonusCard must be scanned during the transaction.
· The customer is responsible for the total sales tax on the order before
manufacturer’s coupons are deducted from the order.
· Manufacturer’s coupons will reduce the food stamp total for eligible items.
· State tax will be collected on any part of a food stamp order that is paid with a
tender other than food stamps or reduced with coupons
Tops Markets will double the value of Manufacturer’s Coupons up to the limit that is set by the Advertising Department. All coupons with a face value higher than the set limit will be redeemed at face value. In order to receive double coupon savings, the customer’s BonusCard must be scanned in the beginning of the order.
The Double Coupon Policy does not apply to FREE coupons, Catalina coupons,
Store Coupons or any other retailers (competitors) coupons, or coupons that state
“Do Not Double”.
Cigarettes, milk, alcohol, and other certain items are excluded by law and vary
Coupons that are not to be doubled are coupons for:
· Tobacco products
· Milk (PA Only)
· Alcoholic beverages
· Lottery tickets
· Catalina coupons
· In Store demo coupons
· Coupons marked “Do Not Double”
The total doubled value cannot exceed the price of the item.
Double Coupon Limits:
99 Cent Limit
Example: A 99 cent coupon will be doubled to $1.98.
All coupons with a face value of $1.00 or more will be redeemed for the
face value only.
Only four of the same coupon will be doubled per customer, per day. All
other coupons will be redeemed at face value.
Example: A customer has 12 coupons for Hi-C Punch and purchases
12 cans, 4 coupons will be doubled, 8 will be redeemed at face value.
· Tops Markets does accept internet coupons from legitimate coupon websites for
products purchased at our Stores.
· Internet coupons will not be accepted for free products or discounts greater than
five dollars ($5.00).
· Tops Markets reserves the right to refuse any internet coupon based on
manufacturer’s request to withdrawal, counterfeiting, or limit quantities.
Any questions, please do not hesitate to call us for more information.
Again, thank you for contacting us. We value your loyalty and look forward to continuing to serve your shopping needs.
Consumer Affairs Represenative
Tops Markets, LLC.
Tel. #1-800-522-2522 option #5